Wednesday 24 September 2014

Red Velvet Cookies

Dear all,

Officially these cookies are called " Cookies n Cream Marshmallow Red Velvet Cookies" but I thought that was quite a mouthful for a title. Either way, this was sort of cookie challenge 2.0. A few weeks ago I re-created cookies my brother had found on instagram and this week I tried again. So you won't judge me I have added what they are supposed to look like at the end, after you  have had a chance to admire my version!



I was definitely off to a good start with the red colour for the red velvet aspect of the cookie. Until I added the cocoa. Then the cookies looked decidedly brown - but I did not give up, added two kinds of chocolate (I could not find the cookies n cream bars from the recipe, so added rice crispy white chocolate and milka oreo chocolate) and in the oven they went.


Out of the oven they were still... brown! No matter, pressed in the marshmallow bits and cookies done! In a different light they are a little red after all, thank goodness.


Close up: they look sickeningly sweet but were actually not that bad! Lovely chewy soft cookie and the slightly melted marshmallow is great fun.


It was a bit of a celebrate for my mother, so we turned two cookies into a tiered cake and stuck the candles in the marshmallow - worked a treat! (get it? treat? haha)

Now. I know they don't look like the original below, but really, mine look different but just as good, surely?



xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: