Wednesday 19 January 2011

Xmas cake 2010

Dear all,

For Christmas this year it was up to me to make a cake (no better excuse to get baking of course!). Last year for Christmas I was given a tree cake tin, featured in one of my very first posts on this blog. As I made it for Christmas then as well, I thought I'd make it again as maybe the start of a little Christmas tradition?



This Christmas however I had a whole year of baking experience to back me up, as well as a lot more tools and fancy decorations. In fact, my grandma had been over before Christmas and gave me lots of cute winter/Christmas decorations which I gladly used! I really love the effect of icing sugar on a cake like this, it looks like snow, and so I went with that theme. On a round plate I scattered more icing sugar to make it look like a snowy landscape. I then added some fluffy white mini-marshmallows for texture and some candy mushrooms. Then I added an extra touch by drizzling white icing on the tree tops. Not my best move, but I made it work!





As you can see this year I didn't have the cool tree in a tree pattern (I guess it was just luck and not skill after all!) but it was de-li-cious none the less! Check out the cute little sugar snowmen and silver decorations as well. Thank you grandma!!!



I hope you all had amazing christmas cake(s) as well, because this one sure was lovely! Check back next week for my new years cake. Definitely worth a look, I promise!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: