Wednesday 3 August 2011

Bastogne Chocolate Tart

Dear all,

For his birthday my brother gets to request a cake (You'll remember his Orange Cake last year) and this year it was a Bastogne Chocolate Tart. It's a non-bake cake with a Bastogne cookie base and gooey chocolate. It was like eating chocolate ganache and biscuits!



Thanks to my mum's food processor I had these Bastognes crumbled and mixed with butter, and mashed into a cake tin in no time (I should get me one of those - so much faster than beating cookies to a pulp with a rolling pin. In fact, I tend to break my rolling pins in the process...). So I was up and mixing the chocolate (milk and dark) with the cream in a flash. chooocoollaatteee... hmm....



And hey presto! A couple (3 or 4) hours in the fridge later: cake!


Look at that.... chocolate goo! It could have done with a couple more hours in the fridge to set further, but this looks kind of good too. Happy Birthday Little Big Brother!!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: