Sunday 19 September 2010

Chocolate Orange pt 2

Dear all,

And so the Chocolate Orange adventure continues, time for part 2! Another friend of mine who is leaving once introduced me to what is now one of my favourite drinks: Licor 43 (a vanilla liqueur). I couldn't find a more fitting way to say good-bye to him than by making... *insert drumroll*.... Licor 43 tartlets! Oh yes. I found the recipe on the official Licor 43 website. Unfortunately it didn't come with a picture, so I have no idea what they were supposed to look like, but I think mine turned out more than alright! Let's have a look:

For the base I smashed some digestive biscuits (and actually broke my rolling pin in the process - in the mean time I figured out I can do the same thing with my mini blender..sigh) and mixed them up with melted butter. After placing a small bit of baking paper at the bottom of each cup I filled a muffin tray with the cookie crumble mixture, shaping it so that they would be little cups. After leaving them in the fridge for a couple of hours I filled them with a chocolate/licor 43/gelatine mixture and again, let that sit in the fridge for a few hours.



What came out were really cute little chocolate mousse-like tartlets! Unfortunately getting them OUT of the muffin tray is something I hadn't thought about quite as much as I should have! They came out, though a little crumbly.



Inspired by some friends' pictures I couldn't resist when I found this sugar alphabet sprinkles in the shops. I had bought it a while ago, and figured this was the perfect occasion to use them. Decorating the tartlets in another way would take away from the effect and I wanted to do something cute. So I wrote my friend a goodbye-cake message :D And for the remaining tartles I might or might not have used left over ganache from the earl grey cupcakes. Shhtttt :P




I think this "stuffing-his-face" picture attests to the success of the Chocolate Orange adventure, part 2! (and don't mind creepy dude in the background ;) ;) )

xoxo

Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As these don't go in the oven why not line the tin with clingfilm - that would make them easier to get out and maybe your crumb base could have been a bit moister -bit more butter

Jennemeiske said...

Ahh yes clingfilm, that's a good idea! I will definitely remember that for next time. And yes I had already figured out that the crumb base was probably lacking in butter. Thank you for the tips!!

Jennifer