Sunday 28 April 2013

Bubble Cake

Dear all,

Quite a while back I made what I will call a 'bubble cake'. It was mostly an experiment and I completely forgot to share it with you, so here it goes anyway. I'm not a fan of the cake pop craze but I bought myself a cake pop machine for this cake.This is what happened mostly. I'm SO not a fan!


Anyway, several attempts later I got something that resembled what I wanted. Because this is what I needed them for:


That's right. Cakepops in a cake. Cake-ception if you will! It turned out pretty cute if you ask me, and as I'll show you later on, a friend and I had quite some fun with the leftover cake pops! First the bubble cake though...


With a little help (or not) from the cake pop machine I first started making the colourful 'bubbles'. They looked more like little Saturn's than nice round cake pops, but I made it work! Next step, adding them to a regular cake mix (supposedly "white cake" but it was rubbish - learnt my lesson there!)


So there you go, cake-ception. Cake in a cake! Now for some decorating! I thought I'd go for colourful decorations for a colourful cake. I made it for a friend's 30th birthday, and a bit of a childish cake for such a 'grown-up' age somehow seemed to fit!


So there you have it, my version of the bubble cake. Yum yum!


xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: