Sunday 14 April 2013

Snoopy Cake

Dear all,

As promised, my version of the piggy mud cake! I made this for a close friend of mine who really likes Snoopy. I really wanted to try making that cake, and I wanted to do a Snoopy theme for here. This is what happened!


 To see how it's done, keep reading.



Like last week I used a chocolate guinness cake and the damming technique, except this time I used chocolate ganache, as that is what I am going to cover the cake with.




The next step was creating the 'fencing' around the 'mud pool'  with kitkats. Quite a task, as despite the ganache the kit kats had the tendency to fall off again. But I succeeded and secured the lot with a pretty ribbon! The last step was pouring over some warm ganache to get the 'mud' effect. Now on to the decorations:


The most well known picture of Snoopy is the one of Snoopy dozing on top of his doggy house, sometimes with the little yellow bird Woodstock. So I set off to make Snoopy's house.


Next I started putting Snoopy together. Love the result! Check out little Woodstock!


Time to put the whole thing together! True to the piggy version, I made some of Snoopy's cousins playing around in the mud.


Snoopy the one and only had to wait for his mudbath as I had to take the cake on a train and what not. So Snoopy travelled seperately, but here you can see them all together before being transported.


Once they all arrived safely Snoopy joined his cousins. They look happy! And the guests at the party were definitely happy with the cake. I quickly had to take a picture of the inside before it all disappeared. Success!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: