Wednesday 25 September 2013

Brother birthday cake

Dear all,

My brother is a big fan of chocolate cake. So for his birthday this year he picked out one he'd like, and of course, I delivered. It really was TOO much chocolate if you ask me, but my brother enjoyed it. And that was the point of the exercise. I have to say I really like the finishing!

My brother's cakes involve a lot of gooey chocolate. So here you have melted chocolate and a chocolate digestive cookie base.

Mix the chocolate with cream cheese and you get a VERY rich cheesecake. I would mix in some whipping cream or something lighter next time. The finishing was fantastic however. I poured over some melty dark chocolate, melty white chocolate stripes, and then made this pattern. Excellent stuff!!


The rest is easy - let it set. And you get a crisp base, gooey center and crisp chocolate topping. A flavour and texture sensation. Happy Birthday!


xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: