Thursday 29 July 2010

cheating

So yes, sometimes I cheat. Well not a lot really, but tonight I had a craving for cake and no energy to really make anything. So I did a quick search for 'quick cake', and I found one that could be ready in 5 minutes. Made in a cup. In the microwave. Imagine that! To be honest it really didn't sound that appetising but I felt I had to give it a try. So here's what happened:

First, mix the flour + cocoa powder + sugar.





Then add an egg, a bit of milk and some vegetable oil.






3 minutes in the microwave, and presto, cake! Looks pretty impressive so far.










Now for the tasting... I have to say the cake was a little dry, though possibly I put it in a little too long... Plenty of solutions though, like adding a nice little bit of vanilla ice cream, and it was a decent enough snack!











Not sure if I'd make it again though, I'll stick to real cakes ^^ But in case you're interested, here's the originalo recipe: microwave cake in 5 minutes!

xoxo Jennifer

3 comments:

Aranka said...

It may be cheating, but it's an awesome way to solve sweet cravings in Japan! <3

Jennemeiske said...

haha that's so true!! maybe it's a case of trial and error... if I ever feel inclined to try it again I'll let you know if I figure out any improvements ;)

Aranka said...

Hahaha, nou ik me zeer zeker aanbevolen!! :D