Sunday 28 November 2010

I AM a foodie

Dear all,

Although my blog is called [I'm a Foodie], which means a love of all foods, I have focused on baking until now. However, recently I have made a couple of nice dinners as part of dinner parties for friends, and some of them I just have to share with you (because I'm proud of them!). So every now and then, if I make something yummy, I will post these dishes on Sunday evening, to inspire a good start of the week. Enjoy!

First up: Spicy rice and zingy coconut chicken



Spicy rice: fried up with onion, garlic and some curry paste. Added: chickpeas, spinach, handful of raisins and cashew nuts.

Zingy coconut chicken: marinated overnight in lime, curry powder, bit of chilli powder and seasoning. Right before going in the oven I rolled the bits of chicken in some desiccated coconut. Then I sprayed it with a bit of oil and cooked in the oven.

For serving: I added a dollop of greek yoghurt to the rice to give it a bit of freshness.

Boy was this good food! I have another couple of portions in the freezer to take with me for lunch too - excellent!!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: