Wednesday 1 December 2010

Chocolate Pretzels

Dear all,

It's been too long! I had a blog post lined up for last Wednesday, but due to starting a new job I didn't even get round to posting it. Anyway, from now on you will probably get a series of chocolate cookies/biscuits - a new routine as part of my new job. For my first day I was asked to bring chocolate cookies; and so I did! The next week I did the same (different cookies) and now this week I decided to make chocolate pretzels for work (it always has to be chocolate as per popular demand).

For the chocolate pretzels I first made the cookie dough, and then refrigerated it for an hour (according to the recipe). I assume this is to make the dough firmer and easier to handle after. My dough didn't really firm up so I had a little trouble with rolling it out. With a bit of extra flour I made it work though. Here it goes!

First I separated the dough into smaller, even portions and then rolled them into little balls. After refrigerating them a bit more I then rolled out each little ball into a 20-25cm strip.



Next I folded the end bits inwards, twisted them together, and folded them further up to form the pretzel shape. To finish them off I dabbed on a little bit of egg white and sprinkled them with caster sugar (sugar crystals would have been better, but I didn't have any of those!).



And this is the end result! A crunchy, yummy chocolate pretzel!!



Unfortunately about half broke in the process of getting them off the baking tray and onto the cooling rack. Next time I won't roll them out so thin I think. But they sure taste good anyway!!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: