Sunday 5 December 2010

Cherry Clafoutis

Dear all,

As a Foodie I also have to watch what I eat, and so I have started this semi-diet. Don't worry, I won't stop baking!

Anyway, I had a look at some of the recipes that came with the diet magazines, and some of the deserts they showcase look pretty good! One of the ones I tried was the cherry clafoutis, which looked a little something like this!

A Cherry Clafoutis is a desert where cherries are covered by a thin pancake-like batter and baked in a hot oven until the batter has set with nicely browned and slightly puffed edges. My version used light fromage frais, which made it a lot less pancake-y. It was more like baked cheesecake if you ask me. This is what it looked like before going in the oven:



And here it is baked and all! Due to a lack of fresh cherries I used tinned ones, something I wouldn't use if I made it again. It tasted a little too much like diet-desert for my liking, though it certainly didn't taste bad!



xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: