Wednesday 8 December 2010

Chocolate Macaroons

Dear all,

Another week, another chocolate biscuit. This week I present to you: chocolate macaroons!! Another slightly problematic recipe, mostly due to the lack of availability of the ingredients.

First of all I didn't have any blanched almonds, so I got regular unsalted almonds. I wizzed these up in my blender to get a granular substance. Next I whipped up some egg whites until I got soft peaks and folded in some sugar, vanilla and almond essence, the ground almonds and some melted dark chocolate. I mixed this all together and refrigerated it for about 15-20 minutes.



Next up I dolloped the mixture on a baking tray with grease proof paper over it - approximately walnut sized portions. I sifted over some icing sugar and popped them in the oven.



As you can see my macaroons went a little flat. Normally they would not flatten out so much - not sure what happened here! But they still tasted really good (you might notice the missing macaroon on the baking tray, it was consumed almost straight out of the oven, yum!).



So there they are, chocolate macaroons! I think they my colleagues appreciated them, which in the end was my goal!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: