Wednesday 22 December 2010

Yeti cake

Dear all,

Recently 2 friends of mine celebrated their birthdays. One of them is called Jettie, which is pronounced the same as Yeti, the abominable snowman. This was a running joke for a while right after we first met, and now, some 5 years later I wanted to make a tribute to that, so I made Yeti cakes for her!

My yeti cupcake recipe is from a book that actually got me into cupcake making 2 years ago. They are little vanilla cupcakes with marshmallow mixed in, with a lovely and sticky white marshmallow (home made!) topping. Also check out the supercute cupcake papers I used~!



Without going into too much detail, I can tell you I transformed these golden brown sticky cakes into winter wonderland big foot cupcakes by making my own marshmallow like icing. This required dissolving some sugar and honey in egg whites over a low heat, adding a bit of vanilla essence and then beating the hell (excuse my french) out of it until it formed a thick sticky consistency. I then added a whole lot of grated coconut to give it some texture.



For the final touch I sprinkled on some more grated coconut (it also kept the marshmallow from gooying all over the place I think). Then I finished them off with some silver sugar balls and white snowflake like candy to make them pretty.



Happy Birthday Jettie!

Next week, her boyfriend's counterpart Tiramisu cupcakes. YUM!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: