Wednesday 29 December 2010

Tiramisu cupcake

Dear all,

Last week I showed you the Yeti cakes, this week I want to show you the other birthday cupcakes: tiramisu cupcakes with mascarpone topping. First off I chose some cute birthday theme cupcake papers, super cute! Next up was whipping up the egg whites and the egg yolks (with coffee en a generous dash of coffee liqueur) and then mixing them together to bake cupcakes that filled my room with the lovely smell of coffee and chocolate (I added chocolate chips to the mix as well).



Next up I made a lush mascarpone topping. Mixing the mascarpone with some coffee liqueur gave it an awesome flavour. But before I dolloped it on I poked some holes in the cupcakes and drizzled some more coffee liqueur on, infusing them with it so to speak. Oof!



To decorate I made some chocolate curls (with a block of dark chocolate and a potato peeler!) and I added some little gold sugar balls. I can't say anything but they looked gorgeous!



And here is a closeup of the final product. Mmm my mouth starts watering just remembering those cupcakes. Sorry to all of you out there who did not get the chance to have any!! But the birthday boy sure was happy with his alcoholic cupcakes!



Hope you all had a good christmas!

xoxo Jennifer

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

deze waren t lekkerst! (ger)